Oscar nominated actress Anna Kendrick stars in a Super Bowl ad for Newcastle Brown Ale. The catch is that it doesn't count as a Super Bowl ad because each spot during the big game costs a whopping $4 million.
Charles van Es is a senior brand director for Newcastle Brown Ale and recently said in a press release that, "We think the formula for creating the most epic Big Game commercial of all time is pretty simple, but when it comes down to it, we'd rather have people drink our beer while watching other companies' ads."
The beer brewers did not have the money to put forward for a coveted spot during this years big game. Instead of creating a glamorous commercial, Newcastle Brown Ale decided to use the Pitch Perfect actress and poke fun at not being able to be part of the Super Bowl.
Anna Kendrick Lends a Helping Hand in This Newcastle Brown Ale Ad
1. Parody Beer Ads - There is an opportunity for craft beer companies to use humor and satire in their advertising campaigns to differentiate themselves from larger competitors.
2. Celebrity Endorsements - Brands can leverage the fan base of popular celebrities by partnering with them to promote their products and services in a humorous and relatable way.
3. Alternative Marketing Strategies - Smaller brands can use creative and cost-effective marketing tactics like parody ads to gain attention and stand out in crowded industries.
1. Craft Beer - Craft breweries can use humor and satire to promote their unique flavors and styles of beer in a crowded and competitive market.
2. Celebrity Branding - Brands across industries can partner with popular celebrities to promote their products, reaching a wide audience in a humorous and relatable way.
3. Advertising - Advertising agencies can create funny and entertaining ads that go viral and generate buzz for their clients' brands.