Rapper Kendrick Lamar previously contributed his creative expertise to two different Reebok sneakers -- now, he's back for a final time with a pair of new Reebok Classics.
Mostly monochrome, the sneakers feature a deep olive colorway that pairs well with the sleek leather it marks. On the upper, Reebok's branding is included in a minimal imprint, allowing the one-toned colorway to stay consistent. Additionally, the lining is a deep tan, which complements the matching bottom of the sole. Artful olive stitching adorns the uppers, working well with the layers of leather that add more depth to the new Reebok Classics.
Similarly to how Reebok's branding is included, the words "BLUE" and "RED" are shown on the heels of the sneakers -- referring to the divide between gangs and the danger that comes from it.
These New Reebok Classics Were Made with Kendrick Lamar's Input
1. Rapper-influenced Sneaker Design - Opportunity for collaboration between rappers and footwear brands to create unique, urban-inspired sneaker designs.
2. Monochrome Colorways - Growing popularity of sleek, one-toned color schemes in sneaker design, providing a minimalist aesthetic.
3. Symbolic Messaging in Sneakers - Increased use of sneakers as a platform for conveying social or political messages through design elements.
1. Footwear - Footwear brands can collaborate with rappers and incorporate their artistic input to create highly sought-after sneaker collections.
2. Fashion - Fashion brands can draw inspiration from the monochrome trend and incorporate it into their own designs, creating stylish and minimalist clothing and accessories.
3. Streetwear - Streetwear brands can leverage symbolic messaging in their sneaker designs, appealing to consumers who value self-expression and cultural relevance.