The new Dior collection for Spring/Summer 2021 is presented in an online-exclusive video. The strategy is tailored to reflect the turbulent times in which we are living. Forced to find a new mode of presentation given the COVID-19 pandemic and under the direction of Kim Jones, the haute couture brand launched a video conversation with collaborator Amoako Boafo. Boafo is a Ghanian artist whose work contradicts traditionally established masculine stereotypes by"reflecting on [the creative's] upbringing and Black culture at large."
The video that supplements the release of the new Dior collection reveals how Boafo became an artist and unpacks his unique finger-painting technique. Kim Jones also features in the sequence, explaining why he wanted to work with an artist of Boafo's calibre and how the capsule came to be. Intermittently, the outfits of the Spring/Summer 2021 range are showcased.
Image Credit: YouTube @ChristianDior
The New Dior Collection Welcomes an Amoako Boafo Collab
1. Online-exclusive Videos - Opportunity for fashion brands to create online-exclusive videos to showcase their collections, leveraging digital platforms for maximum reach and engagement.
2. Collaborations with Artists - Potential for brands to partner with talented artists to bring unique perspectives and storytelling to their collections, creating a compelling and memorable brand narrative.
3. Adaptive Presentation Strategies - Emergence of new and innovative ways to present fashion collections, such as video conversations and multimedia experiences, to adapt to changing circumstances.
1. Fashion - Fashion industry can explore disruptive opportunities by embracing online-exclusive videos, collaborations with artists, and adapting presentation strategies for their collections.
2. Art - Art industry can benefit from collaborations with fashion brands, merging their creative talents to reach wider audiences and explore new artistic expressions.
3. Digital Marketing - Digital marketing industry can support fashion brands in creating engaging online-exclusive videos and developing innovative presentation strategies, utilizing various digital platforms and technologies.