In response to a new "green tax" in South America that would cause new car owners to have to pay hundreds of extra pesos for buying a new vehicle, Peugeot developed a unique new car test drive stunt.
There were many South Americans who expressed their frustration on Twitter when it came to this new tax, and Peugeot was quick to step in. Noting that there was still time to purchase a new car before the reform was officially applied, Peugeot began offering on-demand test drives to users who responded with their location. Peugeot would drive to their location, offer up a test drive of a new Peugeot and a representative would note: "If you buy this car soon, for example, tomorrow, you won't have to pay this tax."
Peugeot's New Car Test Drive Lets Twitter Users Try Out a Car Immediately
1. On-demand Test Drives - Companies can offer on-demand test drives as a way to generate sales leads and disrupt traditional sales channels.
2. Social Media Listening - Brands can leverage social media listening to identify consumer pain points and offer unique solutions in real-time.
3. Alternative Marketing Strategies - Businesses can experiment with unconventional marketing tactics that leverage consumer sentiment and provide immediate value.
1. Automotive Industry - The automotive industry can leverage on-demand test drives as a way to generate sales leads and provide a unique customer experience.
2. Social Media Industry - Social media platforms can offer real-time monitoring services to brands that want to identify discussions and engage with consumers in a meaningful way.
3. Marketing and Advertising Industry - The marketing and advertising industry can help businesses experiment with unconventional marketing tactics that leverage consumer sentiment and provide immediate value.