For those who have trouble falling asleep, perhaps the NeuroDreamer sleep mask will help you out. Created by inventor and hacker Mitch Altman, the NeuroDreamer is a mask that will help you fall sleep by mimicking the brainwave frequencies you experience -- through the application of calming ambient music and fading lights -- when you drifts into dreamland.
Crafted of comfortable memory foam and a cotton cover that's washable, the NeuroDreamer essentially reduces surrounding light and absorbs any sounds present. The NeuroDreamer will present brainwaves to your brain, produced through the use of "binaural beats" and soothing music, all of which are generated through the mask's interior microcontroller. There are four different brainwave frequencies, in contrast to other devices that have only one frequency, to better represent the spectrum of frequencies experienced by someone falling asleep.
NeuroDreamer Makes You Fall Asleep Via Ambient Music & Faded Light
1. Sleep Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop advanced sleep masks that incorporate brainwave frequencies and ambient music to improve sleep quality.
2. Personalized Sleep Solutions - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create customizable sleep masks that adjust brainwave frequencies and ambient music based on individual sleep patterns and preferences.
3. Cognitive Enhancement - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design sleep masks that use binaural beats and brainwave stimulation to enhance cognitive functions during sleep.
1. Healthcare - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate sleep masks into comprehensive sleep therapy programs to address sleep disorders and improve overall well-being.
2. Wellness and Self-care - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop sleep masks as part of a holistic approach to self-care, combining relaxation techniques, meditation, and sleep optimization.
3. Entertainment Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore partnerships between sleep mask manufacturers and entertainment companies to create immersive audiovisual experiences during sleep.