In an effort to make a statement about contemporary "throwaway culture," artist Ainhoa Garmendia crafted this swinging hammock made of soil-less plants to promote the investment in products with promised longevity.
Made from a combination of plants and a strong, woven fabric, this relaxing lounger invites users to sit and contemplate one's role in environmental consciousness. In order for the exhibit to remain mess-free, the artist used Tillandsia Usneoides, a Spanish moss that doesn't require soil or ample water to grow. The result is a sturdy and comfortable hammock, which could stand as a metaphor for the re-connection with nature.
This project serves as another example of art's influence across a variety of platforms and initiates.
'Naturalise' is a Swinging Hammock Made of Soil-Less Plants
1. Investment in Longevity - Opportunity for businesses to promote the value of durable and long-lasting products.
2. Environmental Consciousness - Innovative ways to create products that emphasize sustainability and reduce waste.
3. Artistic Expression in Design - Integration of art and creativity in the development of functional and visually appealing products.
1. Furniture and Home Decor - Opportunity to develop eco-friendly and long-lasting furniture pieces.
2. Urban Green Spaces - Creation of plant-based installations for parks, public spaces, and urban environments.
3. Art Exhibitions and Installations - Incorporation of sustainable materials and natural elements in artistic displays.