Adults who choose to raise their children following natural parenting philosophies are often inundated with some of the following incredulous questions: No rules? No spanking? No restrictions? They can watch TV or play video games as long as they want?
Often, before the parent practicing natural parenting philosophies has a chance to answer, the questioner has made up his/her mind that the child is doomed once they reach adulthood.
Here's what they don't hear: Instead of rules, principles are practiced. Instead of spanking or grounding, gentle intervention is used as an opportunity to teach a life lesson. Gasping at the notion of 24/7 unrestricted TV and video game access implies that that is all children want to do.
Natural parenting philosophies, as radical they may sound, are misunderstood because human beings have almost a knee-jerk reaction in that they feel the way they parent or were raised is somehow being attacked.
Curiously, a lot of parents who implement the philosophies of natural parenting are often secular to mildly religious.
Parents who utilize natural parenting methods also frequently give birth naturally in the hospital or at home, co-sleep with their children, breast-feed for longer periods of time, eschew vaccinations, unschool, and allow uninhibited pursuit of passions.
1. Natural Parenting - The trend of natural parenting is gaining traction as parents aim to raise their children without restrictive rules and instead, use principles and gentle intervention to teach important life lessons.
2. Unschooling - Parents who follow natural parenting philosophies often choose to unschool their children, allowing them to pursue their passions and interests freely, which presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the field of education and personalized learning.
3. Alternative Healthcare - Parents who practice natural parenting methods may also choose to eschew vaccinations and opt for alternative healthcare remedies, which presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the wellness industry.
1. Parenting - Natural parenting philosophies present disruptive innovation opportunities in the field of parenting and child-rearing as parents seek alternative methods to traditional rules-based parenting.
2. Education - The unschooling aspect of natural parenting presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the field of education and personalized learning as parents seek to provide their children with a more holistic and flexible learning experience.
3. Wellness - The rise of alternative healthcare and natural parenting philosophies present disruptive innovation opportunities for the wellness industry as parents seek alternative forms of healthcare and wellness practices for their families.