This design for the National Library in Prague looks like a droplet of mercury. HH Architects are behind the sleek design, which is based on the shape and structure of a cell.
We've seen a number of droplet-shaped and spherical designs for architectural pieces. Check out some of my favorites below.
Implications - Today's architects are under more pressure to think outside of the box than ever, with more and more competitors entering the industry. Thus, the most abstract inspirations are observed in today's architecture, such as the National Library in Prague's resemblance to a drop of liquid. This demand for more creative thinking spreads throughout all facets of design and calls artists to up the ante in terms of edginess.
The National Library in Prague is Futuristic Fantastic
1. Droplet-shaped Architecture - Architects are exploring droplet-shaped designs, like the National Library in Prague, to create futuristic and unique structures.
2. Abstract Inspirations - The demand for more creative thinking in architecture is leading to the observation of abstract inspirations, such as liquid droplets, in the design process.
3. Edgy Design - Architects are being called to up the ante in terms of edginess, pushing the boundaries of traditional design to create visually striking structures.
1. Architecture - The architecture industry is experiencing a shift towards more futuristic and creative designs, with a focus on unique and abstract inspirations like droplet-shaped structures.
2. Design - The demand for more creative thinking in architecture is not limited to the industry itself, but spreads throughout all facets of design, pushing artists to think outside the box and create edgier designs.
3. Competition - As more competitors enter the architecture industry, there is increasing pressure for architects to differentiate themselves by thinking creatively and pushing the boundaries of traditional design.