This enchantingly delicious-looking unicorn rainbow cake was created in honor of National Baking Week in Britain. The life-sized mythical creature-shaped cake is complete with rainbow layers. Miss Cakehead, the managing director of Cakehead Loves, made an entire edible magical landscape with the help of her team of food artists for the unicorn to frolic in. The display includes a meringue-covered rainbow teepee, frog-shaped cookies, a milk water fountain, honeycomb beehives, garden gnomes, pastry butterflies, chocolate cookie soil and carrot cake carrots.
Miss Cakehead expanded on her idea of an edible art gallery for a 2010 event for National Baking Week. Every piece of the fantastical landscape has since been consumed, even the majestic unicorn cake.
This Life-Sized Creature was Conceived for National Baking Week
1. Edible Art - Creating artistic and visually appealing baked goods that push boundaries and are intended to be consumed allow for new possibilities in the baking industry.
2. Fantasy-themed Baked Goods - The creation of fantasy-themed baked goods such as unicorn cakes allows for creativity and the ability to stand out in a crowded market.
3. Interactive Food Displays - Food displays that allow for interactive components such as the edible magical landscape created for the unicorn cake offer a unique and memorable experience for consumers.
1. Bakery - Bakeries that offer visually appealing and engaging baked goods have the opportunity to attract a wider customer base and stand out in a crowded market.
2. Event Planning - Event planners that incorporate creative and interactive food displays into events have the opportunity to provide a unique and memorable experience for attendees.
3. Food Artistry - Food artists and sculptors that create visually stunning and creative food pieces have the opportunity to showcase their skills and push the boundaries of the traditional baking industry.