The 'Crossbow Table' by Nathan Day Design is a beautiful and sculptural piece of furniture. Each table is hand crafted in Australia by the design studio, allowing a range of sizes to be made. This version is slightly larger than an average crossbow. The open base of the table is simple, airy and mimics the bowed arches and shaft of a crossbow to form its structure.
Instead of using nails, the pieces of the wooden base interlock seamlessly like puzzle pieces. The shape of the dramatically bent cherry wood makes it seem as though the structural bottom is bowing under the weight of the glass top. Although the table is stationary, these warped wood pieces brings the dynamism of an arrow shot through the air.
This Table by Nathan Day Design is Made to Look Like a Crossbow
1. Wooden Furniture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore sustainable and unique designs using wood in furniture manufacturing.
2. Artistic Sculptural Furniture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine functionality with artistic elements to create visually striking furniture pieces.
3. Interlocking Furniture Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative ways to construct furniture using interlocking pieces for seamless assembly.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embrace creative and unconventional designs to meet the evolving demands of consumers.
2. Interior Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate sculptural furniture pieces into interior design concepts for a unique and captivating aesthetic.
3. Artisanal Craftsmanship - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine traditional woodworking techniques with modern design sensibilities to create one-of-a-kind furniture pieces.