In tribute to iconic fashion photographer Guy Bourdin, NARS has just revealed a brand new Holiday 2013 collection inspired by his work. Elements of Bourdin’s bold signature compositions are translated into vivid color tones and slick finishes, with products encompassing everything from blush and lipstick to nail polish and eye shadow.
Each item comes with a fittingly fun name, from Cinematic Eye Shadows in Wishful Thinking and Mississippi Mermaid to No Limits or Tomorrow’s Red Nail Varnish. Alternatively, get involved with a Cinematic Lipstick in Last Tango or Full Frontal, and finish with a Day Dream or Exhibit A Blush. Ideal for those who like to make a statement, there’s a style to suit every look – so get prettied up and prepare to smolder on the dance floor.
NARS Reveals a New Collection Celebrating Guy Bourdin
1. Photographer-inspired Makeup - The trend of makeup brands creating collections inspired by photography is on the rise, offering opportunities for collaborations with photographers and visual artists.
2. Vivid Color Tones - The trend of bold, in-your-face colors and finishes is gaining popularity in the makeup industry, providing opportunities for innovative formulas and technology that enhance long wear and color intensity.
3. Alternative Product Naming - The trend of giving alternative, playful names to makeup products is catching on, providing opportunities for brands to create a distinct voice and personality for their collections.
1. Makeup - The makeup industry is embracing disruption by considering inspiration from sources other than fashion, such as art and photography.
2. Photography - Collaborations with makeup brands offer photographers and visual artists a new revenue stream and a chance to showcase their work in new and exciting ways.
3. Tech - Disruptive innovation in technology can enhance the performance of makeup products and formulas, pushing the boundaries of long wear and color intensity.