Amber Rose's MuvaMoji app is not the first celebrity effort at using apps to elevate their brand, but it is an interesting new example of hashtag activism. The emoji app contains more than 900 curated emoticons chosen by the model, including many that carry social relevance.
In addition to being able to change the size and color of the emojis, users of the MuvaMoji app can also choose from a plethora of LGBT icons. This includes a number of drag-friendly emojis as well as rainbow references. Elements of feminism and racial equality can also be seen.
While the App Store restricts use to those over the age of 17 due to drug references, sexual content and other mature themes, the celeb app does allow a greater proportion of people to express themselves more fully.
The MuvaMoji App From Amber Rose Adds Activism to Personal Branding
1. Hashtag Activism - Developing apps that enable users to express social relevance through curated emoticons.
2. LGBT Representation - Creating emoji apps that provide a plethora of LGBT icons, promoting inclusivity and diversity.
3. Celebrity Personal Branding - Utilizing emoji apps to elevate a celebrity's brand by offering unique and socially aware emoticons.
1. Mobile App Development - Opportunity for developers to create and monetize emoji apps that cater to socially conscious users.
2. Entertainment - Collaborating with celebrities to develop branded emoji apps that resonate with their fan base.
3. Social Media Marketing - Integrating socially aware emoji apps into marketing campaigns to engage audiences and promote inclusivity.