IKEA is well-known for its functional, ingeniously designed products and MÜPOLASH is an odd creation that doesn't seem to have a clear purpose and was created with consumer data. The unusual object from IKEA Belgium was developed with creative agency Ogilvy Social.Lab based on the company's "most Instagrammable products"—a mug, a shelf and a lamp. The forms of all three common household products can be seen in MÜPOLASH, which also combines the names of the aforementioned items.
Based on the idea that the individual products from IKEA are highly photo-worthy on their own, the MÜPOLASH was created to be "the most Instagrammable thing ever made." The 3D-printed product made from 100% biodegradable materials can be seen at the Design Museum of Gent and a few other versions are up for grabs on social media.
Image Credit: IKEA
MÜPOLASH Combines IKEA Belgium's Most Instagrammable Products
1. Product Mash-ups - Creating new products by combining elements of existing ones.
2. Instagrammable Products - Developing products specifically designed to be visually appealing and shareable on Instagram.
3. Biodegradable Materials - Utilizing environmentally friendly materials in product design and manufacturing.
1. Furniture - Exploring mash-up concepts in furniture design to create unique and visually appealing pieces.
2. Advertising and Marketing - Leveraging Instagrammable products to create buzz, attract customer attention, and drive social media engagement.
3. Sustainable Manufacturing - Developing innovative methods and materials to produce biodegradable products for a more sustainable future.