Fortnite attracts millions of users to its in-game virtual concerts and the popular online video game is partnering with Warner Bros for an in-game movie screening event. The cinema-style screening experience unites players who want to virtually come together to see three films: Inception, Batman Begins and The Prestige.
Players need to journey to the Big Screen on Party Royale island. Like the traditional theater experience, the screening is set for a specific time but thanks to its format, players are free to jump in and out as they need, which supports a more casual viewing experience.
The global pandemic has changed the way the movie industry distributes new films and this virtual experience offers an entertaining alternative to drive-in screenings or on-demand home viewing.
Fortnite & Warner Bros are Hosting a Unique Movie Screening Event
1. Virtual Movie Screenings - Companies can explore opportunities to host virtual movie screenings within online platforms like video games, providing an alternative movie-watching experience.
2. In-game Events - There is potential for businesses to collaborate with popular video games and host unique in-game events, creating engaging experiences for users.
3. Changing Movie Distribution - The movie industry can adapt to the challenges posed by the pandemic by exploring innovative ways to distribute films, such as virtual screenings and partnerships with online platforms.
1. Gaming - Companies in the gaming industry can partner with movie studios to host in-game movie events, creating new revenue streams and enhancing user engagement.
2. Film - The film industry can collaborate with video game companies to distribute movies through virtual screenings, expanding their reach and offering unique viewing experiences to audiences.
3. Entertainment - The entertainment industry as a whole can explore the potential of hosting virtual events within online platforms, providing immersive experiences for audiences and opening up new revenue opportunities.