These posters show parts of well-known films in a minimalist style, but to get the movie references, you'll need to have seen the films.
Netflix has been fairly successful at bringing its service to people all across the United States, however it has not caught on with the same level of enthusiasm in Canada. In order to keep in the loop, these ads encourage Canadian movie-watchers (and non-movie watchers) to get a subscription to Netflix to better understand the latest references—"You gotta get it, to get it."
These minimal movie posters depict classics and contemporary films like the Life of Pi, Ghostbusters, Fargo and Rocky with just a few key elements from the blockbusters. If any of the visual references go over your head, it might be time to have a movie night and play catch up.
The Movie References in These Netflix Ads Appeal to Those in the Know
1. Minimalist Advertising - Using minimalist designs in advertisements to create intrigue and appeal to a specific audience.
2. Movie References - Incorporating references to popular movies in marketing campaigns to attract movie enthusiasts.
3. Subscription Marketing - Using subscription-based services as a marketing strategy to entice potential customers.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can leverage minimalist advertising techniques to create curiosity and interest in upcoming movies or TV shows.
2. Streaming Services - Streaming platforms can utilize movie references in their commercials to differentiate themselves from competitors and target specific demographics.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing agencies can explore subscription-based marketing strategies to provide unique and engaging experiences for their clients' target audiences.