The Mount Your Maker series is a modern take on primal 'artwork.' Although fixing an animal skull on the wall has been done for centuries, these fossils are made for contemporary homes. Painted in vibrant hues and displayed in taxidermy fashion, the Mount Your Maker series doesn't just focus on common bones. In addition to the standard skull, there are shark and bull jaws, deer horns and more.
Created by Stephan Alexander, an artist and designer based in Portland, the Mount Your Maker series was inspired while he was sourcing materials for another project. He says, "This newer art and decor work gives these animals a whole new life and pays homage to them. It gives people a whole new respect for them, because most of us haven't seen them up close in real life."
Mount Your Maker by Stephan Alexander Modernizes Primal Art
1. Primal Modernization - The trend towards modernizing primal artwork through vibrant colors and unique displays creates opportunities for innovation in design and decor.
2. Alternative Taxidermy - The trend towards alternative taxidermy, such as mounts and sculptures made from unique materials, creates opportunities for innovation in the taxidermy and hunting industries.
3. Celebrating Natural Beauty - The trend towards celebrating and highlighting natural beauty, such as bones and fossils, creates opportunities for innovation in the art and home decor industries.
1. Design and Decor - Innovation opportunities include creating new ways to display and modernize primal artwork through the use of color, materials, and unique displays.
2. Taxidermy - Innovation opportunities include expanding beyond traditional taxidermy methods and utilizing unique materials and displays to create alternative mounts and sculptures.
3. Art and Home Decor - Innovation opportunities include creating unique pieces that celebrate natural beauty and utilize bones and fossils as the primary material.