In a culture where quantity is often seen as better than quality, the Monster Mealtime infographic demonstrates how North American food consumers are glorifying mega-sized meals, often at the cost of their health.
Laying out the details of the meals consumed on popular reality TV show Man vs. Food, as well as deluxe dishes served at several UK restaurants, the infographic explains that such feasts are not to our benefit. The calorie counter for each meal is compared to the recommended daily caloric intake of an average person and how that excess translates into weight gain.
The Monster Mealtime infographic clearly demonstrates the downside to up-sizing your meal and the dangers of these over-indulgent dishes.
This Monster Mealtime Infographic Shows Bigger isn’t Better
1. Mega-meal Consumption - There is an opportunity for restaurants and food companies to capitalize on offering healthier, portion-controlled alternatives to the mega-sized meals that consumers have been glorifying.
2. Health Conscious Dining - The trend of health-conscious dining presents an opportunity for restaurants to promote and offer nutritious, balanced meal options to consumers concerned about their health.
3. Personalized Caloric Intake - The growing trend of personalized nutrition allows for innovative meal planning services and apps to help individuals calculate and meet their specific daily caloric needs.
1. Restaurant Industry - There is an opportunity for restaurants to rethink portion sizes and offer healthier alternatives to attract health-conscious consumers.
2. Food Delivery Services - Food delivery services have the potential to promote healthier meal options and portion sizes, catering to the increasing demand for nutritious meals.
3. Health and Wellness Industry - The health and wellness industry can innovate by offering personalized nutrition services and products that help individuals monitor and manage their daily caloric intake.