'We Are Nature' by Christoffer Relander is a beautiful series of monochromatic hand portraits that use triple exposure. Relander created this new series of triple exposures because his last series called, 'Multiple Exposure Portraits' was extremely popular.
Both albums are similar in that they combine nature scenes with the outline of facial portraits in black and white. This type of photography combines multiple pictures into one, and all of the pictures are done "in camera" using his Nikon D700 camera. To create the exposure pictures they were "contrast adjusted, black and white toned and more or less dodged and burned."
These stunning photos include portraits of people's hands, an elderly man, young girls and a young male in his twenties.
'We Are Nature' by Christoffer Relander is Stunning
1. Triple Exposure Photography - There is an opportunity for camera manufacturers to develop cameras that can easily execute triple exposures without the need for post-processing.
2. Monochromatic Hand Portraits - There is an opportunity for artists to explore the potential for similar monochromatic portrait styles depicting other body parts.
3. Nature Integration in Photography - There is an opportunity for nature photographers to explore ways in which nature can be incorporated into portraits effectively beyond the use of black and white outlines.
1. Photography - Photography companies could capitalize on the growing interest in photography that combines various elements and experiment with similar techniques.
2. Art - Artists could leverage this style to create unique and intriguing pieces that appeal to collectors.
3. Technology - Tech companies could develop software and tools that make it easier for photographers to combine and manipulate images.