Online platform momunity acts as a virtual support group and believes in "empowering new and expecting moms through education and connecting moms to care and support in their local community."
Serving as a database for access to maternal wellness experts in both prenatal and postpartum care fields -- from yoga and fitness studio recommendations to support from doulas and lactation experts and postpartum recovery therapists -- momunity is a one-stop platform for all the information new moms need.
While first-time parenthood is exciting and rewarding, it can also be an anxiety-filled experience with many unknowns for new moms, something that momunity addresses with an endless list of educational resources, expert support and a database of discussion forums that are especially important during these changing times -- when in-person support groups are less preferred as a result of COVID-19.
Momunity is a Wellness, Education and Community Support Platform
1. Virtual Motherhood Support - Virtual support communities for new mothers provide an opportunity for online maternal wellness experts in both the prenatal and postpartum care fields.
2. Online Parental Education - Online platforms with a wealth of educational resources, expert support, and discussion forums can better meet the needs of new parents.
3. Postpartum Therapy - Providing access to trained postpartum recovery therapists can help new moms address the anxiety and unknowns of first-time parenthood.
1. Health and Wellness - Through access to maternal wellness experts, virtual motherhood support communities can disrupt the health and wellness industry.
2. Education Technology - Online parental education has the potential to disrupt traditional parenting education by providing abundant resources to new parents and potentially lowering costs.
3. Mental Health Care - By offering access to trained postpartum recovery therapists, virtual motherhood support communities could revolutionize the mental health care industry for new mothers.