Molly Cranna is a Los Angeles-based photographer who likes to capture playful still-life photos that are at once peculiar, profound, frightening and seductive. Cranna selects the objects to be photographed by digging through dollar store shelves and finding random objects paired together to create photographs that flirt between the weird and the surprisingly elegant.
One common thread that runs through her photos is the distinctly feminine feel to them. This is best embodied by the liberal featuring of creamy pastel shades. These shades serve as a background within which objects are carefully placed and positioned to create wondrous and wacky combinations.
Many of the photos feature objects you associated with dental health, such as dentures and mouth guards. Despite the quirky use of these toothy subjects, Molly Cranna's photos still respect individual objects by conveying their consistency and unique form.
Molly Cranna's Photos Capture Random Objects
1. Playful Still Photography - Opportunity to explore unconventional and whimsical approaches to still photography, pushing the boundaries of creativity.
2. Distinctly Feminine Aesthetic - Opportunity to cater to a specific market segment by incorporating soft hues and feminine themes into photography.
3. Unconventional Object Pairings - Opportunity to create unexpected and thought-provoking compositions by combining random objects into cohesive narratives.
1. Photography - Opportunity for photographers to experiment with unconventional and playful styles to stand out in a crowded market.
2. Art and Design - Opportunity for artists and designers to explore the use of random objects and whimsical aesthetics to challenge traditional norms.
3. Home Decor - Opportunity for home decor brands to incorporate unique and quirky still-life photographs into their product offerings for a distinct visual appeal.