Swedish design studio Front developed a real space saver with its modular rug furniture, a colorful origami-like rug that can be assembled as colorful poufs. The products are made out of wool with an old flat-weaving technique, popular in the Middle East. The collection is being launched by Gan and contains three modular designs: 'Tetragon,' 'Rhomb' and 'Hexagon,' each of which has the option to be transformed into a geometric pouf. While the 2D patterns of octagons and squares in the Tetragon can be folded up into six-sided poufs with eight-sided surfaces and flattened triangular corners, the Hexagon is more uniform and its 2D diamond shapes create a 3D object with 20 sides.
The modular rug furniture will not only solve problems at crowded parties and dinners, as the rug itself makes for a fabulous accent to any monochrome surface like concrete or plywood floors.
Front's Modular Rugs Can Fold Up to Be an Extra Chair at Your Dinner Party
1. Modular Furniture - The use of modular furniture in homes and offices presents an opportunity for businesses to provide practical and flexible solutions for consumers with changing needs.
2. Sustainable Wool - The increasing popularity of sustainable wool in furniture production presents an opportunity for businesses to create environmentally-friendly products that appeal to eco-conscious consumers.
3. Origami-inspired Designs - The use of origami-inspired designs in furniture presents an opportunity for businesses to think outside the box and create unique and visually interesting products that set them apart from competitors.
1. Furniture - The use of modular designs in furniture presents an opportunity for businesses to create innovative and multifunctional products that appeal to a range of consumers.
2. Home Decor - The use of sustainable materials in home decor presents an opportunity for businesses to cater to eco-conscious consumers and reduce their environmental impact.
3. Textiles - The use of origami-inspired designs in textile production presents an opportunity for businesses to create unique and visually interesting products that appeal to a range of consumers.