Grrr! Become a scary Japanese monster for less than $40 with this Modo-Kun Hoodie. I want this.
Implications - For those who are unfamiliar with this whimsical character, its name is Domo-Kun. It's a character designed by illustrator Kenji Takahashi that has been popular in Japan for quite some time now. The hoodie is decked out in brown and features the character's face with its eyes and open mouth for visual appeal. The outfit is 100% cotton so you'll be warm and comfortable while looking playfully outrageous when rocking this on the streets.
The Modo-Kun Hoodie is available for purchase at ThinkGeek for anyone who's interested and it only comes in one color.
Scarry Japanese Monster Apparal
1. Monster Hoodies - The rise of unique hoodies featuring playful and outrageous monster designs represents an opportunity for fashion brands to create disruptive and visually impactful apparel.
2. Whimsical Character Merchandise - As merchandise featuring popular Japanese characters gain popularity outside of Japan, retailers can capitalize by creating playful and unique products for international audiences.
3. Anime-inspired Fashion - Growing interest in Japanese animation and culture among international audiences presents an opportunity for fashion brands to innovate by incorporating anime-inspired designs into their clothing lines.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can create disruptive, visually-appealing apparel by capitalizing on the trend towards playful and whimsical hoodies featuring unique and outrageous designs.
2. Merchandise - Retailers can capitalize on the popularity of Japanese characters among international audiences by creating unique and playful merchandise that appeals to a wide range of consumers.
3. Animation - The growing global interest in Japanese animation and culture presents an opportunity for animation studios to collaborate with fashion designers and retailers to create innovative lines of anime-inspired clothing.