Telsa recently updated its US website to include a custom car configurator called the Model X Design Studio, which was previously only available to reservation holders. With the current buzz surrounding the release of the Model X, the latest website update gives US consumers a new glimpse at the electric crossover.
The Model X Design Studio allows those interested in purchasing the Model X to choose from a wide variety of different vehicle options. The base model includes a 75kWH battery, which boasts a range of 237 miles. This model will cost consumers $83, 000, but prices can run as high as $151,200 for those who choose all of the premium options.
By allowing US residents to access its custom car configurator, it seems that Telsa is now willing to take broader orders for the highly anticipated Model X.
The Model X Design Studio Allows Users to Customize Their Tesla Vehicle
1. Customizable Car Platforms - More automotive companies can explore offering customizable design studios to allow consumers to build their dream car and create brand loyalty.
2. Direct-to-consumer Selling - Direct-to-consumer car sales from an online platform eliminates the need for dealerships as middlemen and opens up new paths for revenue and customer engagement.
3. Personalization Marketing - Following Tesla, more brands across industries may offer custom design tools to promote customer engagement, loyalty and unique brand experiences.
1. Automotive - In the automotive industry, a shift from manufacturing to custom design studios can boost sales and revenue, while providing increased customer loyalty opportunities.
2. E-commerce - Direct-to-consumer online sales are decreasing the need for middle-men retailers, opening up new revenue models and marketing opportunities for brands in the e-commerce industry.
3. Marketing and Advertising - The shift towards personalization and customization through unique design tools will also require marketing and advertising industries to adapt their strategies and campaigns to meet consumer needs.