Are you a fashion lover with a knack for designing vintage-esque outfits? Then enter the ModCloth 'Make the Cut' contest, the first crowdsourced fashion design contest from the online clothing boutique.
ModCloth, which specializes in vintage apparel and creations from independent designers, has teamed up with Velvet Brigade, a fashion community that crowdsources designs to be voted on by members. The ModCloth 'Make the Cut' contest seeks aspiring fashion designers to submit sketches of clothes inspired by vintage apparel. The designs must also be inspired by the 'moodboard' created by ModCloth's co-founder Susan Gregg Koger, says the ModCloth blog. Koger will choose her favorite designs from the bunch but the ultimate winners will be up to ModCloth's 400,000 Facebook fans. Fans can vote on the winners, who will receive $500 per winning sketch and also get their items produced and sold on ModCloth's online store.
ModCloth 'Make the Cut' Contest Seeks Talented Fashion Designers
1. Crowdsourced Fashion Design - The ModCloth 'Make the Cut' contest showcases the trend of crowdsourcing fashion designs for a more inclusive and diverse range of styles.
2. Vintage-inspired Fashion - The contest's focus on vintage-inspired clothing highlights the trend of nostalgia and retro fashion making a comeback in the industry.
3. Social Media Influence - ModCloth leveraging its 400,000 Facebook fans to determine the contest winners shows how social media platforms are becoming influential in shaping fashion trends and decisions.
1. Online Clothing Retail - The ModCloth 'Make the Cut' contest presents disruptive innovation opportunities for online clothing retailers to engage their community and source designs from talented individuals.
2. Fashion Design - The contest provides a platform for aspiring fashion designers to showcase their talent and potentially have their designs produced and sold, offering disruptive innovation opportunities in the fashion industry.
3. Social Media Marketing - The contest's reliance on social media voting demonstrates the potential for businesses to leverage social platforms for marketing and engaging with their audience in new and interactive ways.