These artistic pieces by mkwATELIER are inspired by the influential American painter known as Jackson Pollock who is an abstract expressionist. He is well known for creating artworks made by splashing and dribbling paint onto surfaces.
The glassware pieces seen in this collection are the result of the artistry of two designers by the name of Shelley Koscielniak and April Wind. They like to create pieces that are vintage yet eclectic and contemporary; they carry a range of products from home decor to jewelry.
The materials used in this collection include semi-precious stones, mixed metals, crystals, chains and clay that are carefully dripped onto the glassware to create intriguing designs. In order to achieve such a diverse product line, several different techniques are used when created the products, from weaving to sculpting.
The mkwATELIER Collection is Inspired by Jackson Pollock
1. Abstract Expressionist Glassware - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new techniques and materials to create glassware inspired by abstract expressionism, like semi-precious stones and mixed metals.
2. Vintage Yet Eclectic and Contemporary Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Blend vintage elements with contemporary design to create unique and eclectic home decor products.
3. Diverse Product Line with Intriguing Designs - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Experiment with various techniques like weaving and sculpting to create a diverse range of glassware and jewelry products with intriguing designs.
1. Glassware Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate new artistic techniques and materials inspired by abstract expressionism into glassware manufacturing processes.
2. Home Decor - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine vintage and contemporary design elements to create unique home decor pieces with artistic appeal.
3. Jewelry Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate innovative techniques and materials, such as semi-precious stones and mixed metals, into jewelry design to create captivating and unique pieces.