In Santa Clarita, Calif. the LA Times and Paramount Pictures placed digital music devices that played the "Mission Impossible" theme song in 4 500 news boxes to promote the movie. When someone opened the box the music would start to play. But, someone saw the red plastic box with protruding wires that had fallen onto the stack of newspapers and naturally they called authorities. The Sheriff's officials said they "rendered" the news box just in case it did contain a bomb. Well it looks like the message did actually self-destruct.
1. Digital Product Promotion - Promoting products through the use of digital technology to create interactive user experiences.
2. Sensational Advertising - Creating advertising campaigns that generate news headlines and buzz by playing into people's curiosity and fear.
3. Crisis Communication Management - Effectively managing public relations during crisis situations that arise from unconventional advertising campaigns.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can use this type of unconventional advertising to generate more buzz and promote their products.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising companies can use this trend to develop unique and exciting campaigns for their clients.
3. Public Relations - Public relations firms can specialize in managing crisis communication that arises from attention-grabbing advertising campaigns.