GlamGuns.com is where you learn that an AK-47 NEVER goes with plaid and that you can be glamorous and strong wearing camo and combat boots as well as you can wearing pink frills.
They claim to have combined "the girliness of glamor with the practicality of military expertise" in a range that includes the My Little Pony, Princess Diana and Hello Kitty Gun all available to buy for £1000+ dollars.
The site claims to have be founded by a female US Army veteran known only as "Glambo" - in fact GlamGuns.com was put together to mock stereotypes of women and girls and what they really like. Clearly the site is not 'real' but even so it is very disturbing.
The Hello Kitty Gun
1. Feminine Firearms - Opportunity for companies to cater to a female market in the firearms industry with a focus on design and attractiveness.
2. Subverting Stereotypes - Disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to challenge traditional gender roles through subversive marketing campaigns.
3. Parody Marketing - Opportunity for companies to use satire and parody to draw attention to social issues.
1. Firearms Manufacturing - Opportunity for firearm companies to expand their product lines to cater to a previously untapped female demographic.
2. Fashion Industry - Opportunity for fashion companies to enter the firearms industry and provide design-oriented products.
3. Advertising Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity for ad agencies to create unconventional marketing campaigns that challenge traditional gender stereotypes and appeal to a modern consumer base.