Farfetch is an online marketplace that recently put together these iconic handbag illustrations. Each one is done in a minimalist manner, resulting in designs that really bring out the bare essentials of each piece.
The illustrations represent four classic bag styles that have now become wardrobe staples for fashionistas all around the world.
To give readers some background on each bag, here are a few details: The Hermes Birkin Bag was designed by Dumas in 1984 after an encounter with French actress Jane Birkin. The Fendi Baguette gained notoriety when it was featured on Sex and the City, and Coco Chanel invented her iconic style when she was tired of carrying her handbag in her arms.
These illustrations offer a simplified taste of the basics of each bag.
Farfetch Showcases Minimalist Sketches of Designer Bags
1. Minimalistic Fashion Illustration - The trend of creating minimalistic fashion illustrations offers an opportunity for designers to focus on the essential features of clothing and accessories.
2. Iconic Fashion Item Simplification - The trend of simplifying iconic fashion items offers an opportunity for companies to create unique and innovative designs while maintaining the recognizability of the original item.
3. Online Marketplace Custom Illustrations - The trend of online marketplaces showcasing custom illustrations instead of photos could offer an opportunity for businesses to differentiate from competitors.
1. Fashion and Accessories - The fashion and accessories industry can capitalize on the trend of minimalistic fashion illustration to create unique and recognizable designs.
2. Online Marketplace - The online marketplace industry can differentiate from competitors by showcasing custom illustrations instead of photos.
3. Graphic Design - The graphic design industry can offer innovative solutions to fashion and accessories companies looking to create custom illustrations.