Milan-based designer and architect Miki Astori recently produced an interesting piece of urban furniture for the Italian design firm Driade. Miki Astori calls his work ‘Peanut.’
The lime-green design is built around a tube that grows out from a spherical base piercing through a flat disk that serves as the actual table surface. The effect of this design is reminiscent of a straw poking through the contents of a cup.
Despite its rather eccentric shape, Miki Astori’s table seems to fit well into its surroundings. This is a good quality for urban furniture -- interesting enough to be a conversation piece, yet quite enough to be a part of the background. The design also provides enough of a surface that the table can actually be used as a table. In this way Miki Astori successfully integrates form with function.
Photo Credits: designboom | driade.it
These Miki Astori 'Peanut' Tables for Driade are Funky
1. Eccentric Urban Furniture - Designers can explore the trend of creating interesting and unconventional urban furniture pieces that can contribute to the aesthetics of city spaces while still being functional.
2. Form and Function Integration - The trend of blending form and function can be explored by designers who want to create pieces that are not only aesthetically pleasing but also serve a real purpose in everyday life.
3. Conversation Starter Designs - Designers can explore the trend of creating interesting and unique pieces that can spark conversations and engage people in public spaces.
1. Furniture Design - The furniture design industry can explore new ways of creating unconventional yet functional and aesthetically pleasing pieces for urban spaces.
2. Urban Planning - Urban planners can consider incorporating unique and unconventional furniture pieces into their designs to create visually interesting and engaging public spaces.
3. Hospitality Design - The hospitality design industry can consider incorporating conversation starter designs into their outdoor seating areas to create engaging and memorable experiences for customers.