New York-based designer Mike Joyce has combined his love of Swiss minimalist design and classic punk rock in these distinctive posters. The project entitled, 'Swissted' showcases brightly colored, geometric poster designs for musicians such as Pavement, The Velvet Underground, the Talking Heads, Patti Smith and even modern day singers like M.I.A.
The artist has just released a book featuring the full collection of these punk rocker posters through Quirk Books, in what is sure to be a coffee table classic. The designer says that the posters combine his love of "punk rock and Swiss modernism" and that all of the shows in the posters were actually real gigs. These images would make a great gift for anyone who wants to celebrate their love of good design and classic bands.
New York Designer Mike Joyce Reinterprets Vintage Punk Rock Bands
1. Swiss Minimalist Design - Opportunity for businesses to incorporate Swiss minimalist design principles into their branding and product packaging to create sleek and modern aesthetics.
2. Revamping Vintage Music - Opportunity for entrepreneurs to reimagine vintage music posters and merchandise to cater to a nostalgic market.
3. Combining Artistic Styles - Opportunity for artists and designers to merge different artistic styles, such as punk rock and Swiss modernism, to create unique and visually striking pieces.
1. Graphic Design - Graphic design firms can offer services to musicians and bands, helping them create visually appealing posters and merchandise that resonate with their audiences.
2. Music Merchandise - Opportunity for businesses to tap into the growing market for vintage music merchandise by creating and selling revamped posters and other related products.
3. Publishing - Publishing companies can capitalize on the popularity of unique and visually appealing books by collaborating with artists like Mike Joyce to release coffee table classics.