Public Lab develops a cost-effective and elegantly designed way for individuals to explore their immediate environment in detail -- The Community Microscope Kit. The product is perfect for both grown-ups and children, who find excitement in actively discovering the wonders of science and life. The portable lab can be assembled in 15 minutes and connects to a smartphone or a laptop.
The Community Microscope Kit features a webcam, a set of nuts, double-sided adhesive strips, bolts and rubber bands, as well as a platform of corrugated plastic. The simplicity in the design makes the DIY microscope kit highly accessible.
With Public Lab's wonderfully educative initiative, individuals are able to identify objects as small as 5 microns -- "such as plant cells and the single-celled organisms that swim around in pond water and puddles."
The Community Microscope Kit Allows You to Explore On-the-Go
1. Affordable Microscopes - Creating low-cost, portable microscopes that can be used by anyone for scientific exploration of their environment.
2. DIY Science Kits - Developing educational kits that make exploring science accessible and fun.
3. Smartphone Microscopy - Incorporating smartphones into scientific exploration by creating microscopes that can connect to smartphones.
1. Education - Providing affordable and accessible tools for students to learn science through hands-on exploration.
2. Consumer Electronics - Creating innovative and cost-effective scientific exploration tools that can be easily assembled and used by consumers.
3. Environmental Science - Developing portable and low-cost microscopes that can be used for environmental monitoring and analysis in the field.