Maybe it’s just me, but I can never seem to get past thinking of chain links as part of a fence. The Michael Young ‘Zipte Link’ collection, however, takes the link concept and infuses it into furniture, creating a collection that offers an interesting, futuristic vibe—even I can appreciate this.
The Michael Young ‘Zipte Link’ furniture will be exhibited as part of Vienna Design Week, in which the Hong Kong-based British designer will showcase a collection of pieces crafted of modular aluminum parts. “Each element consists of an extruded bar with two kinks and a cross-shaped section,” describes Dezeen. “These can be joined with metal components to make bases for glass table tops or room dividers.”
The Michael Young 'Zipte Link' Collection Reimagines Modular Aluminum
1. Modular Furniture Design - The 'Zipte Link' collection showcases the potential for modular aluminum parts to be used in furniture design.
2. Chain Link Design - The 'chain link' aesthetic is being reimagined and utilized in different industries such as furniture design.
3. Extruded Metal Parts - The integration of extruded metal components is becoming more popular in furniture design.
1. Furniture Design - The 'Zipte Link' collection highlights how modular aluminum parts can be integrated in modern furniture.
2. Home Decor - The 'Zipte Link' collection offers a unique and futuristic design for home decor.
3. Architectural Design - The use of extruded aluminum parts in the 'Zipte Link' collection can be a potential disruptive innovation opportunity in architectural design.