This absinthe and mezcal cocktail is inspired by The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Written by Washington Irving, one of America's earliest examples of popular fiction, has adaptions existing in both film and TV show form today.
From the blog The Jewels of New York, the Sleepy Hollow Cocktail is a smoking combination that is probably completely unlike any alcoholic beverage you've ever had before. Garnished with a sprig of rosemary, the absinthe and mezcal cocktail also includes ingredients like St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram and Angostura bitters. You are supposed to light the rosemary with a lighter or culinary torch so that it smokes, giving the libation an ominous effect to go along with its spooky name.
This Literary Absinthe and Mezcal Cocktail is Named After Sleepy Hollow
1. Smoke-infused Cocktails - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new techniques and tools for infusing cocktails with unique smoky flavors.
2. Literary-inspired Beverages - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a line of cocktails that pay homage to famous literary works, attracting book lovers and cocktail enthusiasts alike.
3. Creative Cocktail Garnishes - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Invent innovative garnishes that provide a visual and sensory experience for cocktail drinkers.
1. Alcoholic Beverage Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate new ingredients and flavors into alcoholic beverages to cater to adventurous consumers.
2. Hospitality and Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Curate unique cocktail menus that offer immersive experiences, attracting customers seeking novelty and excitement.
3. Gourmet Food and Beverage Products - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop premium cocktail ingredients and garnishes that elevate the drinking experience for discerning consumers.