I actually enjoy taking public transportation, but I can't say the experience wouldn't be improved by the suggestions within the Metronomie Subway Concept.
It would be so nice to see something other than plastic "marble" flooring and putrid seat patterns up and down each carriage each day, and designer Yves Lombardet has conceived these 3-D computer models to describe what a refreshed underground train could look like.
Despite the lack of light in the tunnels, large windows make the cars look more open and provide added visibility in stations and great views for above-ground segments. Partitions break up the crowded spaciousness, offer places to lean and can be dressed with artwork and advertising. Taking public transit might just get a lot more popular if every train, tram and subway was as sharp as the Metronomie Subway Concept.
The Metronomie Subway Concept Has Clean and Contemporary Cars
1. Transit Redesign - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Rethinking the design of public transportation to enhance the passenger experience and attract more riders.
2. Contemporary Subway Cars - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introducing sleek and modern subway cars with large windows, partitions, and opportunities for art and advertising.
3. Enhanced Visibility - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating large windows in subway cars to provide passengers with better views and more natural light during their commute.
1. Transportation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Transforming the public transportation sector by implementing innovative and attractive subway redesigns.
2. Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating new advertising spaces within subway cars that are both visually appealing and engaging for passengers.
3. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborating with artists and designers to transform subway cars into dynamic and aesthetically pleasing spaces.