Nike is taking part in the celebrations for the 2016 Summer Olympics with the creation of a new metallic sneaker model that connotes athletic strength.
The Gold Air Force 1 model is flashy, with the majority of the colorway taken over by the reflective color, making its wearer look as though they're wearing the respected medal on their feet. The Nike swoosh logo appears in gold as well, as do the laces, the sneaker's interior and the bottom of the sole.
This is contrasted however with a white midsole, a tag on the tongue which carriers the Nike brand name and an embroidery design on the back of the heel as well. Consumers can purchase the metallic sneakers for a limited time only at select locations -- giving the release an air of exclusivity and making them special to the occasion.
Nike Released a Gold Air Force 1 Model in Time for the Rio Games
1. Metallic Sneakers - Opportunity for brands to create unique and eye-catching sneaker designs using metallic colors and materials.
2. Athletic Commemoration - Brands can explore the concept of commemorating sporting events through sneaker designs that symbolize achievement and strength.
3. Limited Edition Releases - Brands can generate hype and exclusivity by offering limited edition sneakers that are only available for a short period of time.
1. Footwear - Footwear brands can capitalize on the trend of metallic sneakers by incorporating metallic elements into their designs and promoting them as fashion-forward and statement-making.
2. Sportswear - Sportswear brands can create special editions of sneakers that celebrate major sporting events, appealing to the interests of sports enthusiasts and collectors.
3. Fashion Retail - Fashion retailers can leverage the demand for limited edition sneakers by collaborating with brands or creating their own exclusive sneaker releases to attract customers and drive sales.