'MenuMe' is a new app that combines the rise of photo photography with the convenience of digital technology to help users make quick decisions about what to eat.
MenuMe is an app that recognizes the text on a restaurant menu and instantly translates it into a real image of the dish in question. This feature is powered by Vuforia Android SDK, which uses text and image recognition technology to generate 3D objects in augmented reality. To use the feature, all the user needs to do is hover their smartphone over the menu and the image will pop-up immediately. The idea behind the app is to help consumers make faster decisions about what to eat by giving them visual cues.
The MenuMe app will likely appeal to younger consumers who increasingly choose dishes bases on images they have seen online or over social media.
The MenuMe App Converts Restaurant Menu Text into Real Pictures of Food
1. Visual Menu Tools - Opportunities to develop new menu apps that utilize image recognition technology to provide real images of food on restaurant menus
2. AR Menu Solutions - Enterprises can develop AR-powered menu tools that switch menu information into real food images to improve customer convenience
3. Social Media-driven Menu Access - Investment in innovative marketing programs that cater to social media-centric audiences, leveraging visual foods and menus
1. Hospitality Industry - Opportunities to create new food menus that attract younger customers using creative menu engineering and image recognition technology
2. Mobile App Development Industry - Opportunities to develop new mobile apps that blend augmented reality capabilities with machine learning technology to create innovative menu experiences
3. Marketing Industry - Opportunities to develop augmented reality campaign programs centered on social media marketing, leveraging visual menus to drive consumer traffic