Maison Margiela works in collaboration with Reebok on the new Memory Of collection and most recently, the iconic duo continues to expand the premium offerings. It is set to launch officially on May 20th and features silhouettes including the Instapump Fury, the Zig 3D Storm, and the Question sneaker model by Reebok.
Each one has been reworked entirely and is made in a black and white colorway design. Kicking off with the Instapump Fury sneaker model, it has a scuffed sole unit and detached leather paneling on the top that is complete with exposed foam. The Question has a DIY aesthetic which can be seen by the central vamp. Finally, the Zig 3D Storm has a forefoot panel and frayed Reebok logo.
Image Credit: Reebok
Reebok and Maison Margiela Extend the Memory Of Collection
References: highsnobiety & highsnobiety
1. Premium Footwear Collaboration - Fashion brands collaborating with sportswear brands to create premium, unique footwear options.
2. DIY Aesthetic Footwear - Footwear models designed with a DIY or deconstructed aesthetic that appeals to the fashion-conscious consumer.
3. Scuffed Sole Units in Footwear - Using scuffed or distressed sole units in the design of footwear for added edge and texture.
1. Fashion and Sportswear Collaboration - This trend offers opportunities for both fashion and sportswear brands to collaborate creating unique and exciting new products.
2. Luxury Footwear - For brands that specialize in luxury footwear, this trend offers opportunities to tap into collaborations and experiment with innovative designs while elevating their brand presence.
3. Footwear Manufacturing Technology - With the unique and experimental design of the Memory of Collection shoes, there may be opportunities for footwear manufacturers to invest in new, unconventional manufacturing technology.