Prescription pills can become a big problem if not properly regulated, an issue that is both addressed and solved by the MedVault Pill Dispenser. It is essentially a tamper-proof safe that locks up the pills and then doles them out in the correct dosages at the right time. What makes the MedVault Pill Dispenser even more effective is that only pharmacists have full access to it, and only if he or she is authorized and verified by a computer connection via a USB port.
Created by a group of students from Brigham Young University, the MedVault Pill Dispenser automatically locks up as soon as it is disconnected by the computer. To make it even more airtight, the user must enter an access code each time a pill needs to be dispensed.
The MedVault Pill Dispenser Doles Out the Right Dosages at the Right Time
1. Tamper-proof Medication Dispensing - There is a growing need for tamper-proof medication dispensing systems with increased security measures.
2. Automated Medication Management - Automated medication management systems can improve patient outcomes by ensuring accurate and timely dispensing of medications.
3. Pharmaceutical Inventory Control - With the rise of pharmaceutical theft and diversion, there is a need for more stringent inventory control measures to prevent unauthorized access to medication.
1. Pharmaceuticals - Pharmaceutical companies can benefit from developing tamper-proof medication dispensing systems to improve medication adherence and reduce the risk of medication diversion and abuse.
2. Healthcare - Healthcare providers can benefit from implementing automated medication management systems to reduce medication errors and improve patient outcomes.
3. Security - The MedVault Pill Dispenser demonstrates the need for more secure and tamper-proof systems in industries such as law enforcement, government, and finance.