Twelve students from Aalto University in Helsinki launched their take on meditation chairs at Stockholm Furniture Fair. Albeit the seating furniture is diverse in color, the twelve pieces are made out of steel and aluminum sheeting and they share a similar abstract angular shape. The creative motivation behind these examples of modern interior design is purely meditation and idleness-oriented. The young designers have been challenged by their instructors with the notion of simplicity. Therefore, for this project, they were required to use a limited number of materials and restricted dimensions.
The colorful meditation chairs are an exercise in artistic expression and allow the young designers to concentrate on basic furniture essentials. In addition, the lack of clutter in the form is extremely favorable toward mindfulness and personal sustainability.
Photo Credits: Dezeen
Students from Aalto University Created Vibrant Meditation Chairs
1. Colorful Meditation Chairs - Creating vibrant meditation chairs that bring a pop of color and artistic expression to the practice of mindfulness.
2. Abstract Angular Shapes - Exploring the use of abstract angular shapes to create unique and visually striking meditation chairs.
3. Limited Materials and Dimensions - Emphasizing simplicity by using a limited number of materials and restricted dimensions in meditation chair design.
1. Furniture Design - Innovating meditation chair designs to provide a unique and aesthetically pleasing option for consumers.
2. Interior Design - Incorporating vibrant meditation chairs into interior design schemes to create spaces that promote relaxation and mindfulness.
3. Wellness - Introducing meditation chairs as a new tool for individuals to enhance their overall well-being and practice mindfulness at home or in wellness centers.