This collection of medical inspired shoes is the work of Gwendolyn Huskens, a student at the Design Academy in Eindhoven.
The six pairs of shoes in this ‘medic esthetic’ collection are all made from medical supplies such as plaster bandages and band-aids, and were created as a comment on the taboos associated with physical deformities.
It’s a shame medical supplies are manufactured in neutral tones. Perhaps these shoes would be more appealing if a splash of color had been added?
'Medic Esthetic' Shoes
1. Medical Supply Fashion - There is a trend towards using medical supplies to create fashion products, providing opportunities for companies to create new, environmentally-friendly products.
2. Sustainable Footwear - The increasing interest in sustainable and eco-friendly products presents an opportunity for companies to innovate and create fashionable footwear designs using recycled materials.
3. De-stigmatizing Physical Deformities - A trend towards creating fashion that challenges the stigmas around physical deformities is an opportunity for companies to showcase their social responsibility and promote body positivity and inclusivity.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry could capitalize on the trend of creating eco-friendly and socially forward designs by incorporating recycled materials in their products and promoting body positivity in their campaigns.
2. Medical Supplies - Companies producing medical supplies could explore new partnerships with fashion designers to repurpose medical waste and reduce their environmental impact while creating unique designs.
3. Footwear - The shoe industry has an opportunity to create innovative and unique designs using sustainable materials such as medical supplies, positioning themselves as leaders in eco-friendly fashion.