The McVitie’s Jaffa Jonuts are a hybrid snack offering from Pladis in the UK that are focused on shaking up the biscuit market and provide consumers with a flavorful new treat to enjoy. The snack features three layer's of the McVitie's Jaffa cakes including a sponge cake base along with orange-flavored filling and a coating of dark chocolate on the exterior. The treat features a ring-shaped form that will call to mind donuts, which will make the snack more applicable for consumers looking to eat it out of the house.
Brand Director for McVitie's at Pladis UK&I Emma Stowers spoke on the new McVitie’s Jaffa Jonuts saying, "McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes are adored by households across the country – with 54.2% of shoppers buying them again and again – so we know there’s widespread appetite for alternative formats which incorporate the great taste of Jaffa Cakes. We have huge ambitions for McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes and in order to meet these, we’re going to continue to give Jaffanatics what they want – and that’s even more ways to enjoy this iconic product. McVitie’s Jaffa Jonuts are just the start and we’re confident that this launch will help us increase household penetration, by making McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes part of even more snacking occasions.”
McVitie’s Jaffa Jonuts are Focused on Shaking Up the Market
1. Hybrid Snacking - With the success of Pladis’ McVitie’s Jaffa Jonuts, there is an opportunity for other snack companies to explore fusing well-loved snacks into new forms to offer consumers a unique snacking experience.
2. Alternative Snack Formats - The rise of McVitie’s Jaffa Jonuts shows a growing demand for alternative snack formats and there is potential to innovate and create new snacking experiences.
3. Innovative Treats - The creation of McVitie’s Jaffa Jonuts highlights the potential for companies to create new treats that combine popular flavors and textures to offer consumers innovative and exciting snacking options.
1. Snack - The success of the McVitie’s Jaffa Jonuts reveals a gap for snack companies to introduce innovative products to the market that combine familiar flavors and textures in a new form factor.
2. Confectionery - The popularity of McVitie’s Jaffa Jonuts highlights a potential for confectionery companies to create hybrid snacks that offer consumers a unique taste experience combining well-loved flavors.
3. Bakery - By exploring the possibilities of fusing well-known baked goods, bakeries can create innovative treats and snacks for consumers looking to try something new and exciting.