McDonald's France's latest menu attempts to popularize American food culture with an exclusively American-themed spread of fast food choices. The menu, titled 'American Summer,' satirically plays off of cultural stereotypes and staple food items that are exclusive to the USA.
The McDonald's France menu features items such as the 'California and Chicken' sandwich filled with bacon and avocado sauce, the 'Florida and Beef' sandwich and the 'Classic Chewy Chips' side. Some of the items may seem like a bizarre food pairing to north Americans. For example, the 'Classic Chewy Chips' are meant to be a cross between a potato chip and a fry.
The goal of the menu is to offer French citizens a chance to experience staple American food items without having to leave the country.
McDonald's France Parodies American Meals in its Latest Menu
1. Satirical Menus - Creating menus that play off cultural stereotypes and feature bizarre food pairing as a form of creative expression and entertainment.
2. Cultural Exchange Menus - Offering menus that introduce foreign food culture and provide customers with a unique cultural experience.
3. Hybrid Food Menus - Combining elements from different types of food to create unique and unexpected menu items that catch the attention of customers.
1. Fast Food - Fast food chains can offer creative and entertaining menus to attract customers and differentiate themselves from competitors.
2. Hospitality - Restaurants and hotels can offer cultural exchange menus to provide customers with a unique experience and appeal to international tourists.
3. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage companies can explore hybrid food menus to create new and innovative products that appeal to adventurous customers.