The values and aesthetic of minimalism appeals to many Millennial consumers but for those who are looking for something boldly different, Maximalist Candy distinguishes itself as an authority on the "more is more" maximalist style for this demographic. Maximalist Candy recently launched as a new e-commerce platform that is centered around selling a curated selection of everything from jewelry and decor to antiques on the basis that "less is just less and more is perfection."
Some of the pieces that can be found on the platform include handmade malachite boxes, ceremonial drums and opulent marble fireplace mantels that come in at just under $100,000. The brand connects buyers and sellers directly and takes a percentage from the sale. Occasionally, Maximalist Candy collaborates with designers on in-store pop-ups.
'Maximalist Candy' Shares Maximalist-Style Accessories & Decor
1. Maximalist Millennial Marketplaces - The trend of maximalist style and curated selection of bold and unique products for Millennials creates opportunities for retailers to establish new e-commerce platforms, develop partnerships with unique designers and curators, and explore niche marketplaces.
2. Luxury Artifacts and Decor for Millennial Consumers - The trend towards curating and sharing maximalist, opulent, and unique merchandise speaks to a need for luxury, self-expression, and individuality in Millennial consumers.
3. Direct-to-consumer Platform for Unique and Exotic Items - The direct-to-consumer model employed by Maximalist Candy provides opportunities for e-commerce sites to give exposure to unique, high-end, and exotic designer products and artisanal items.
1. E-commerce and Luxury Marketplaces - Maximalist Candy is disrupting the luxury e-commerce industry and creating new opportunities for smaller retailers to enter the online marketplace with unique and exotic goods.
2. Artisanal and Antique Dealerships - The curated selection of artifacts and antiques sold on Maximalist Candy speak to the demand for high-quality, exclusive, and rare items and challenges traditional antique dealerships to modernize their business models.
3. Fashion and Accessory Designers - Maximalist Candy's collaborations with designers on in-store pop-ups create opportunities for fashion and accessory designers to showcase their unique styles to a wider audience and build direct relationships with their customers.