This Mattel 'We Create' campaign is at once humble and boastful. The three prints conceived by the Ageisobar advertising agency of Sao Paulo, Brazil, demonstrate the mere model toys that the company manufactures contrasted with images that such playthings foster through the kid's creative power.
The left hand side of each print features a plastic knickknack including a T-Rex, a toy car and a Barbie doll with butterfly wings. Above each of these images on a white background reads the words "We create." "Your kid imagines," is found on the right side of the ads amidst a fantastical scene featuring each object. The plain backdrop is replaced by a full colorful world in the Mattel 'We Create' campaign, and the toys expand and take on a life of their own.
The Mattel 'We Create' Campaign Inspires Children's Minds
1. Imaginative Play - There is an opportunity for toy manufacturers to create products that inspire imagination, creativity, and open-ended play.
2. Child-centered Marketing - Marketers should take the focus off the product and place it on the experiences and benefits it provides to children.
3. Personalization in Toy Design - Personalized toys that allow children to customize and create their own playthings can be a disruptive innovation opportunity in the toy industry.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Toys that encourage imaginative play and allow for personalization can be a successful addition to traditional toy manufacturing.
2. Advertising - Child-centered marketing campaigns that emphasize the experiences and benefits of toys can be successful in the advertising industry.
3. Education - Toys that inspire imagination and creativity can be integrated into educational curriculums and classroom activities to enhance learning.