Technology has quickly found its way into some places of the world; however, there are many other regions and countries where progress and life don't revolved around technology, as shown by the images of Matjaz Krivic. This series titled URBANISTAN explores new meanings of the words "rural" and "progress." Although the west side of the globe is consumed by electronics and capitalism, the east side still maintains a vivid spirituality and strong communal sense.
These images show how places like India and Nepal are rooted in religion for survival. In contrast to many modern metropolis, these locations still have a deep connection with nature. The globetrotting photographer explains his project, "In developing countries Urban doesn’t necessarily mean modern. It doesn’t necessarily mean capitalist values or a loss of social principles in the move from rurality."
Matjaz Krivic is located in Slovevia, but for 20 years he has traveled the world in search for breathtaking images.
URBANISTAN by Matjaz Krivic Explores the Meaning of the Word "Progress"
1. Technology in Rural Areas - Exploring how technology is impacting rural regions and highlighting opportunities for innovation in providing technological solutions tailored to these areas.
2. Spirituality and Communal Values - Examining the enduring connection to spirituality and strong communal values in certain regions, and identifying ways in which businesses can tap into these values for disruptive innovations.
3. Urbanism in Developing Countries - Investigating the concept of urbanism in developing countries and uncovering opportunities for urban development that prioritize social principles over capitalist values.
1. Technology Solutions for Rural Areas - Developing innovative technology solutions optimized for rural areas to bridge the digital divide and improve quality of life in these communities.
2. Spiritual and Communal Tourism - Creating unique travel experiences that cater to the desire for spirituality and community engagement, providing opportunities for cultural exchange and personal growth.
3. Sustainable and Socially Responsible Urban Development - Promoting urban development models in developing countries that prioritize social principles, sustainability, and community well-being over purely capitalist values.