If you don't drink coffee but need an energy boost, this orange matcha smoothie is an excellent choice. From Beth of Tasty Yummies and featured on the Free People blog, the smoothie is also great for those with dietary limitations as it's a gluten-free and vegan recipe.
Made out of a finely ground green tea, matcha powder has more health benefits than regular green tea because you ingest the whole leaf and not merely water seeped in it. Matcha also increases energy levels, enhances memory, burns calories, lowers cholesterol and fortifies the immune system.
The orange matcha smoothie makes uses of winter citrus products as well, and contains ingredients like coconut milk, cashews, baby greens (like chard, kale or spinach) and Medjool dates.
This Tangy Orange Matcha Smoothie Provides a Coffee-Free Energy Boost
1. Health-boosting Beverages - There is a growing trend of consumers seeking out beverages that provide health benefits, such as increased energy and improved memory.
2. Plant-based Recipes - As the demand for vegan and gluten-free options continues to rise, there is an opportunity for innovative recipes to cater to this market.
3. Functional Ingredients - The use of ingredients like matcha powder and citrus fruits in beverages is becoming popular as they offer not just flavor, but added functional benefits.
1. Beverage Industry - The beverage industry can capitalize on the trend of health-boosting beverages by creating innovative products that offer functional benefits to consumers.
2. Food and Recipe Industry - The food and recipe industry can tap into the demand for plant-based recipes by creating delicious and nutritious options that cater to vegan and gluten-free diets.
3. Health and Wellness Industry - The health and wellness industry can explore the use of functional ingredients in their products to provide specialized benefits, such as increased energy and immune system support.