The Mata Traders Fall 2013 catalog ties the line between being traditional and modern resulting in a rich and powerful look to their designs. These beautiful clothing designs created by the women of India and Nepal help empower the women who crafted them with job opportunities in women’s cooperatives and artisan groups.
"In India and Nepal, a fair trade cooperative is a unique and safe environment for a woman to work, particularly poor women. The cooperatives that make our products work in rural and slum communities with women who have little or no education, many can't read or write," explains Jonit Bookheim, one of the founders of Mata Traders.
Sold in over 400 shops around the United States and through their own website, this apparel is proving to be quite in-demand. As these designs are created often by hand or using small-scale production, the environmental impact of them is lesser to many factory-created options, making them gorgeous and environmentally friendly.
Mata Traders Website
Mata Traders on Twitter
Mata Traders on Facebook
The Mata Traders Fall 2013 Catalog Combines Rustic and Modern with Impact
1. Women-empowering Apparel - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry by creating apparel that empowers women through job opportunities.
2. Fair Trade Cooperatives - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the social entrepreneurship industry by establishing fair trade cooperatives that provide safe and empowering work environments for marginalized women.
3. Environmentally Friendly Fashion - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the sustainable fashion industry by creating handcrafted, small-scale production clothing options that have lesser environmental impact compared to factory-created designs.
1. Fashion Industry - Opportunity for disruptive innovation within the fashion industry through the creation of women-empowering apparel.
2. Social Entrepreneurship - Opportunity for disruptive innovation within the social entrepreneurship industry by establishing fair trade cooperatives that empower marginalized women.
3. Sustainable Fashion - Opportunity for disruptive innovation within the sustainable fashion industry by developing environmentally friendly clothing options through handcrafted, small-scale production.