Marta Tryshak started her blog ‘WithLoveGabrielle.com’ in 2008 as a university student, while studying architecture at the University of Toronto. The blog grew in popularity, and at the age of only 25, Marta has now successfully turned her hobby and her passion into a fulfilling career.
‘WithLoveGabrielle.com’ covers a wide range of topics; everything from girl problems, to style and lifestyle tips. The name Gabrielle was inspired by designer “CoCo” Chanel’s first name, a designer who has inspired Marta from the beginning.
8 Questions with Marta Tryshak
1. What is the next upcoming trend in the blogging industry?
I think the blogging industry started out with people sharing their stories, and having their own voice on a creative platform. Over the past few years, it's slowly forming into an industry, which in turn, makes it harder for new talent to get started. Nonetheless, the creative ideas keep growing, and developing. It's interesting to see where social media, and blogging will be in the next five years as it evolves.
2. How do you keep your work original and innovative?
I travel quite a bit, and try to always be in a different environment. This helps me keep my work fresh and inspired. At times, it is a struggle to stay original and innovative however, that’s what makes the work interesting.
3. Do you have any creative rituals?
This might sound bizarre, however I prefer to do a majority of the writing late at night, around 1:00 am - 5:00 am! Everyone is done their day, and I don’t have that fear of missing out.
4. How did the idea spark for WithLoveGabrielle.com?
Social media is second nature to me, so social media channels naturally evolved with the website. It was really trial and error – one thing worked, the other didn’t. There was no set criteria, just ideas which materialize on the website.
5. What does it mean for you to be an entrepreneur at such a young age?
It comes with challenges, but it’s very rewarding. It definitely changes you as a person, and overall it has made me grow up.
6. Who or what influences and inspires you?
I read a lot, but as far as work wise, Karl Lagerfeld and Chanel. They are such icons, and so dedicated to their work, but there is so little known about them. Nobody really knows who they are, and I love that. I think that learning is what keeps an individual inspired, and therefore I try to keep myself in the know.
7. Highlights of your career so far?
I have been blessed to have many amazing experiences, and memories, thanks to my career. It's hard to select just one, however I would have to say that starting the website is my favorite memory, and the second would have to be receiving the honor of being named Marketing Magazine’s Top 30 Under 30. I find that most experiences with this career are highlights because, I have the opportunity to meet many inspiring, and talented people along the way.
8. What are your plans for 2014?
I grew with the website, and have finally come to terms with who I am over the past five or so years. This year, I want to take the time to travel, and learn, while visiting more museums, and reading more books. I really want to explore more creative outlets, and focus my energies on other projects. I think that creatively, this year will be one of the best.
Marta Tryshak Founded & Directs WithLoveGabrielle.com
1. Evolving Blogging Industry - Opportunity for new talent to innovate and find new ways to stand out in the increasingly competitive industry.
2. Originality and Innovation in Work - Potential for creative professionals to push the boundaries and find unique ways to stay fresh and inspired.
3. Entrepreneurship at a Young Age - Opportunity for young entrepreneurs to grow and develop as individuals while building successful businesses.
1. Fashion Blogging - Disruptive innovation opportunities include incorporating new technologies and interactive features to engage readers in a unique and immersive way.
2. Social Media - Potential for social media platforms to continue evolving and providing new tools and opportunities for bloggers to grow their audience and monetize their content.
3. Fashion and Lifestyle - Disruptive innovation opportunities include creating new and innovative products or services that cater to the needs and interests of fashion-conscious consumers.