A lot of artists are trying their hand at movie poster making, and having seem many of them, I can honestly say that these Mark Welser cinematic creations are among my favorite. Though he gravitates towards the horror genre, Welser also dabbles in creating posters for major crowd-pleasing films such as Inception, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World and even the 1989 Tim Burton version of Batman. It's hard for me not to be a little biased towards his work.
Much like his contemporaries, Mark Welser employs a minimalistic style in rendering these posters, opting for silhouettes to depict each movies' respective characters rather than detailed images. Unlike his peers however, Welser is getting the attention of major Hollywood filmmakers as director Edgar Wright has even graciously posted Welser's work on his personal blog.
Mark Welser Strips Down Movie Favorites to Bare Essentials
1. Minimalistic Movie Posters - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a platform or app that allows users to easily create and customize their own minimalistic movie posters.
2. Silhouette Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a digital platform that connects silhouette artists with customers looking for unique and personalized artwork.
3. Artist Collaborations - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Facilitate partnerships between independent artists and major filmmakers to create exclusive promotional posters for movies.
1. Film and Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate augmented reality technology into movie posters to provide interactive and immersive experiences for viewers.
2. E-commerce and Print-on-demand - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Build an online marketplace specifically for minimalist artwork, allowing artists to showcase and sell their creations directly to consumers.
3. Digital Marketing and Social Media - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop AI-powered algorithms that analyze user preferences and recommend personalized movie posters based on individual tastes and interests.