The recently revealed Marc Jacobs Ebbets Field 'Casting Call cap' is designed with the busy model in mind. No doubt a nod to the impending 2015 fall/winter New York Fashion Week, this hat is a stylish manifestation of the normcore movement within fashion that has seen generally nondescript baseball hats make a serious comeback over the last few years.
The Marc Jacobs Ebbets Field 'Casting Call cap' is a collaboration between the American designer and Ebbets Field Flannels, a Seattle-based company known for its reproductions of vintage baseball uniforms who have also recently created a capsule collection with J. Crew.
Featuring the 'Marc Jacobs 1984' text often seen on the Bookmarc items available at Marc Jacobs and Marc by Marc boutiques, the cap also brandishes a cigarette and tube of lipstick in a playful nod to the Louisville Slugger logo.
The Marc Jacobs Ebbets Field Casting Call Cap is an American Classic
1. Normcore Fashion - Opportunity to innovate by offering a variety of stylish baseball hats designed with collaborative partners in mind.
2. Vintage Reproductions - Opportunity to innovate by partnering with established vintage clothing companies to create modernized and stylish versions of classic items.
3. Capsule Collections - Opportunity to innovate by collaborating with other brands to create limited edition collections that cater to a niche market.
1. Fashion Industry - Innovating within the fashion industry by partnering with established vintage clothing companies and creating capsule collections for a niche market.
2. Sports Retail Industry - Innovating within the sports retail industry by partnering with fashion designers and offering a variety of stylish baseball hats.
3. Luxury Goods Industry - Opportunity for luxury goods brands to collaborate with more mainstream brands to create unique and fashionable items.